Like many small to medium sized businesses, you’re busy every day getting your hands dirty and getting the job done.
Having your own business is rewarding and inspiring, but it often means wearing a multitude of hats and being an expert in things that you don’t necessarily know all that much about.
Extra things like marketing, bookkeeping, or legal activities sometimes become lost or behind and there just isn’t enough time in the day to spend any time giving them the focus they need to be effective or help your business grow.
The good thing is there is help out there from other businesses that know all about the pieces of the puzzle that you just can’t quite find the time to spend time on in your working days.
It’s called outsourcing and sometimes it’s the smartest, quickest and most efficient way to get the best results and fast track your business growth.
You can outsource pretty much everything from doing the books, to packaging up product, catering, legal advice and marketing.
Marketing is often one of those areas that can be neglected as a “nice to have”. However, the reality is, it’s a vast and complex area of expertise and if you don’t do it well (or at all) your business is at risk of stalling or even failing.
Making the decision to outsource your marketing, or keep it in house, is difficult and can challenge the way your business runs on a day-to-day basis.
It’s handy to look at it from this perspective – unless you find the all-in-one fairy-tale single employee marketer with the right mix of strategy, new age knowledge and know-how, events, digital, writing, PR and creative design experience – then your in house marketing team has grown to be a three member department in itself – which is often the case in medium sized organisations, and even more populous in large organisations where marketing can take up a whole floor!
That’s an expensive for a ‘nice-to-have’!
However, if you outsource this function then you can access all the expertise you need at a reasonable cost to your business.
Sound good? We think so. You get what you need, when you need it. We get to work with you to provide excellent marketing help and we have a job! It’s a win-win!
The benefits of outsourcing are many and valid – here are some of the top reasons why you should think about doing it for your marketing.
- Breadth of expertise – Outsourcing your marketing provides access to expertise across a vast array of marketing disciplines. This expertise is accessible through an experienced multi-member team that you build a trusted working relationship with over time. This expertise is the most important benefit of outsourcing your marketing function.
- Pay for what you need – Depending on how your chosen outsourced marketing expert works and what your arrangement with them is, you only pay for the services you need for the length of time you require. This also mitigates the risk of bringing on new staff and allows you to control your marketing spend to suit your budget. It’s work place flexibility at its best.
- Valuable insight – By wearing different hats to manage a variety of client campaigns, an outsourced agency is often able to bring a different perspective to an existing challenge, a higher level of creativity and experience to your ideas, and they will not get bogged down in any internal politics or restrictions.
- Staffing benefits – You don’t need to recruit, retain or train staff. Your outsourced marketing agency is responsible for providing you with the right skilled people to manage your account. In addition, you don’t need to employ a person, therefore no work cover, superannuation, insurance, phone, laptops and/or other costs for this staff member. It can represent a cost saving.
- Keeping on top of the latest trends – It can be easier for specialist marketers to keep on top of key marketing trends and recommend how these can be integrated into your business marketing strategy, as this field is their focus. A marketer is committed, without distraction, to knowing their craft and the changes that frequently occur in this their chosen field.
- Digital marketing – this is a space that is changing every day and it’s hard to keep up – especially if you are running lots of other parts of a business. Marketing experts invest large amounts of training, time and resources into keeping on top of digital marketing opportunities so you don’t have to.
- Focus on marketing – an outsourced marketing expert will only work on marketing for your business. It sounds obvious but many internal marketers face the challenges of being pulled onto a range of different projects and assignments that aren’t always relevant to the marketing program.
- Availability – you outsourced marketer is available to you every day of the working week, no need to wait for the part-time staff members day in the office.
So the question is – why wouldn’t you outsource your marketing?
Note: All of the above views are the ethos and opinion of Purple Giraffe and may not be that of ALL outsourced marketing providers.
Connect with Lynda:
Facebook: Purple Giraffe
For almost three decades, Lynda Schenk has worked across a diverse range of industries including: wine, hospitality, human resources, transport, medical devices, building and construction, conveyancing, landscape gardening, water filtration, organic farming, industrial cleaning and not-for-profit industries.
She has a deep understanding of the marketing needs of companies, small and large.
Lynda has a natural ability to talk to people, understand their business and their objectives, and then to work with them to formulate marketing plans, brand strategies and marketing communication plans that build brand equity, growth and profitability.