Now in their 5th year, the SA Woman Awards are designed to celebrate the achievements of women in business and careers from right across South Australia.
They not only give the winners and finalists well-deserved recognition, but also a platform and opportunity to showcase their success.
Our inaugural SA Woman Awards were held in 2018, and ever since then we have had more and more to cheer about!
From start-ups to employees to major businesses, our award categories recognise women who are excelling at all different stages of their business and career journey.
Women in all industries, businesses sizes and locations. Women of all backgrounds, family dynamic, colour, cultures and experience.
Discover the incredible group of women who are our 2022 Finalists, and make sure you cast your vote for the 2022 People’s Choice!
The Rise Award (Business Under $200k turnover, 2+ years in business)
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Simaru True Care
For a woman who has had a year of growth in their business (including but not limited to financial, staff, location etc) – UNDER $200k turnover, 2+ years in business.
- Jade Leray – Beautiful Bodies Society
- Suzi Evans – KAIZEN Business Support
- Amanda Gauci – Infinite Flow
- Sheree Bowman – TS Environmental Consulting
- Kathryn Dean – Dean Family Real Estate
The Soar Award (Business over $200k turnover, 2+ years in business)
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: The Carers Place
For a woman who has had a year of growth in their business (including but not limited to financial, staff, location etc) – OVER $200k turnover, 2+ years in business.
- Kim Raffen – Dripclub
- Lauren Layley – Strathalbyn Amcal Pharmacy
- Barbara Lightburn – My Ability Pathway
- Leah Bubner – Basic Trailers
- Olivia Jenkins – Olivia Jenkins Consulting
- Alyssa De Cristofaro – Silk Laser Clinics West Lakes
The Emerging SA Woman Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: The Picnic Tribe
For a woman with a business under 2 years old or in a Career for less than 2 years and has shown strength, courage and a determination to excel.
- Fiona Shilton – Your Estate Lawyer
- Ali Cooper – The Park Jamestown
- Elise Lavers – Enliven Outdoor Adventures
- Katie Cross – SA Health (Gawler Hospital Renal Department)
The First Nations SA Woman Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Robyn Verall
For an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander woman who has had a year of growth in their business (for both new or established businesses) or career.
- Bianca Stawiarski – Warida Wholistic Wellness
- Amanda Westley – Amanda Indigenous Artist
- De Greer-Yindimincarlie – Yindi Artz
- Nicole Gollan – Nik&Co. Consultancy
The Regional SA Woman Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Beaumont Solutions
For a regional woman who has created a thriving business/career and is an advocate for her community.
- Kalsey-Anne Fear – Riverland Veterinary Practice
- Emma Gale – Mentally Fit EP
- Stacey Phelan – Commercial Hotel Strathalbyn
- Helly Easther-Smith – Country Getaways Holiday Rentals
- Sarah-Jane Abley – Kiminnes Pty Ltd
- Sharni-Marie Barney – Forj Marketing
The Heart Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Resolution SA
For an organisation that has at it’s heart the needs of women in their local community (eg. Social enterprise/not for profit/community organisation).
The Young SA Woman Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Coosh & Co.
For a woman under 30 (as at 1 July 2022) who has started her own business and shown personal growth, tenacity, determination and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Taydam Knowles – The Adelaide Set
- Shaona Imaru – Simaru True Care
- Taylah Suridge – La Strand Hair and Body
- Emma Hackett – Emma Hackett Design + The Conscious Customer Co
The SA Woman Disability Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: The Growing Space
For a disabled woman in business or career who has created a growing business or thriving career, and contributes to the positive conversation about disabled people at work (through deliberate campaigns or simply by leading through example).
- Lauren Spear – The Orange Butterfly
- Tammie Lee – Sunny Spectrum Supports
- Bianca Luraschi – Bright Star Support Services SA
The Backbone Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Judith Jordan Family and Collaborative Lawyer
For a woman who is the backbone of the family business or place of employment. Recognising the valuable contributions of women – even if they aren’t the listed business owner, because without them the business would not run nor operate as smoothly.
- Deirdre Flynn – Catherine House
- Simone Ridge-Cooke – The Hospital Research Foundation Group – Parkinson’s
- Meredith Waterhouse – Digital Marketing AOK
- Stella Ferreira – Just Living Pty Ltd
- Mel Spehr – Aluminium Plus
- Leanne Hopkins – Moonta Garden & Landscape Supplies
The Mum in Business Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Melvory
For a woman who is juggling motherhood and business and shown great growth in their business in the last 12 months.
- Tegan Radloff – MyClayCo
- Michelle Majder – Workforce Extensions North Adelaide Health
- Katie Bode – Bebe Luxe
- Sian Burton – Lotus Consulting
- Sally Harding – KX Pilates Christies Beach
The Leadership Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Mansfield & Co Recruitment
For a woman who has demonstrated exceptional leadership, overcome challenges, shown determination and exemplified team spirit – in a business or organisation.
- Yvonne Sears – ISD Cyber
- Madhumita Mazumdar – Journey Beyond
- Casey Annetts – NAB
- Simone Douglas – The Duke of Brunswick Hotel
The Empower Award
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: Ethical Invest Group
To recognise an organisation that has created a workplace environment that empowers women within its workforce to thrive and excel on their career path.
- Adelaide Property Brokers
- Hub Gymnastics Club
- YLP Legal – Your Legal Partner
- Chat Well Allied Health
- Embellish Beauty Therapy
The Shine Award
For a woman who is pursuing excellence in her chosen career. Who has overcome challenges to continue to pave their own path towards a career that they are thriving in.
- Colleen Luck – ElectraNet Pty Ltd
- Bianca Pilla – JBI – The University of Adelaide
- Kelly Brealey – Soldier On Australia
- Samantha Papavasiliou – Australian Taxation Office
- Melissa Ekberg – Civil Contractors Federation SA